Here is the link to the online training content for presenting CHOICES Workshops (Release 5.3): http://tinyurl.com/choices-presenter-training.
(NOTE: If you have trouble accessing the online training, please see the Technical Support Message at the bottom of this page.)
There are some things you should know about this online training:
- You can view the full two-hour training all at once, in segments, and as many times as you want.
- At the end of the training you will be asked to agree to a Code of Conduct for CHOICES Presenters; see item 6 below for how to preview the document.
- If you’re a veteran CHOICES Presenter…the training is typically updated each summer to reflect revisions to various CHOICES workshop activities; your CPM will provide information about these updates, so please review them on the training platform before delivering CHOICES in the classroom this school year.
- The training assumes you have the new program materials in hand, but you can preview it without them, and then review some or all of it again when you get your materials, or you can wait to view it until you have everything.
- When launching the training you will be asked for some basic information, including the name of your local CHOICES Program Manager; this is the person who is coordinating CHOICES in your community; please enter this person’s name so we can correctly associate you with the right program site (we have nearly 150 sites in North America).
- In the upper left-hand corner of the training screen there is a tab entitled Attachments; this tab contains a PDF of the CHOICES Presenter Guide, a Word document of the CHOICES Presentation Notecards, a PDF Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document on the cell phone game and a PDF Code of Conduct for CHOICES Presenters; these documents can be accessed from this tab at any time and can also be saved on your computer and printed from there as needed; the CHOICES Presentation Notecards are provided in a Word document so they can be personalized for your presentation.
- All presenters will be required to complete the online training before they deliver in the classroom so they can become certified CHOICES presenters; instructions for accessing the CHOICES Certificate of Completion are included in the training.
- After you have completed the online training please plan 2-3 hours to practice giving your presentation, use of materials and gauging your timing before delivering CHOICES in the classroom.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT MESSAGE: If you are having trouble accessing the online training, please note the following:
- Viewing the online training may require that you download and enable the most current version of Adobe Flash© for the web browser on your computer. You can access this application at: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html. To determine what version of Adobe Flash you have, please visit: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/.
- If you use a PC computer and are having trouble accessing the training via Microsoft Edge© or Google Chrome©, please be sure that the most current version of the Flash plugin described above is installed and enabled, and if still having trouble, try accessing the training via Internet Explorer© instead.
- If you use a Mac© computer, a recent update of the Safari© browser may cause Adobe Flash content to be blocked, even if the Flash plugin described above is installed. This can be resolved by opening Safari, opening Preferences, and editing the plugin settings to allow Flash. To get help making this edit, please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-safari.html.
- If you are still having difficulties accessing the online training, please contact us for further assistance.